Tips for Making a Small Bath Feel Bigger
The key to redesigning a small bathroom is to avoid making it feel even smaller than it already is. To do this effectively, you should look to avoid “breaking up the space” with huge transitions in design or color.
- Avoid having dark tile and light walls OR light tile and dark walls. If you do choose such a contrast, it will break up the surrounding space in the room and create a smaller effect. Accordingly, you should do your best to blend the wall color with the tile color.
- Extend the shower tile from the shower floor (or top of the tub) up to the ceiling. Doing so will create the look of a higher ceiling.
- Big mirrors = Big space. This idea works in every room in the home quite frankly.
- Use clear shower glass. Again, we are looking for fewer breaks in the design. Textured glass makes for the same effect that a wall would have.
- Get as much natural light into the space as possible. If your redesign includes a larger window, go for it. Otherwise, go for white, sheer curtains or shades so you can let in as much light as nature and the window frame will allow.
If you are looking for more tips on getting the most out of your bath space, we invite you to consult with one of our designers today.